3 Hour Street Art London Walking Tour
3 hour tours operate only on Saturdays and Sundays. If you would like a tour Monday - Friday there may be a private tour available depending upon group size. Please make a enquiry.
Tour Description: Get ready to experience the very best London has to offer in street art and graffiti during our urban street art adventure through the amazing painted streets of Shoreditch, East London and the surrounding areas.
See work by some of the worlds most famous street artists including Banksy, Ben Eine, Obey, Roa, C215 and 100s more.
We introduce you to all the various types of Street art from street sculpture to stencils, wheat pastes and stickers.
In addition to schooling you in graffiti art and explaining the different styles of lettering and techniques used in street art, our tour can really open your eyes as to the graffiti/street art around you, as well as the meaning behind the graffiti.
Your tour guide is a world recognised and esteemed expert Steam156, one of the leading authorities in the international graffiti culture. Not only will he be your guide, but he is also a former graffiti artist and historian that truly walks the walk and talks the talk of great graffiti legends past and present. Steam156 knows what it is to REPRESENT graffiti and takes this VERY SERIOUSLY INDEED.
Steam156 has documented graffiti and street art since their beginnings in the UK in the 19080s and also around the world for over 30 years still going strong. You will not find another guide that has the depth of personal knowledge that Steam156 has gathered over the years. A recognized leader in the field of documenting graffiti, Steam156 is also the author of the definitive graffiti books Street art London, 100 UK Graffiti artists & 100 European Graffiti artists published by Schiffer Publications.
It is important to note that because of his universal respect in the graffiti community Steam156 will often get a "heads up" if artists have painted anything new in London and that means you will get to see it before the paint even dries.
- Visit the famous Cargo club, in Shoreditch, London, England, UK to see two of Banksy's famous walls, "This Wall is a Designated Graffiti Area" and "His Master's Voice"
- See Banksy Happy chopper wall one of the most famous and iconic Banksy walls.
- Take a look where Banksy had his famous Pulp fiction mural and hear the story behind it.
- Explore artwork on Whitecross street, home of the Whitecross street art party.
- Mushroom spotting! See if you can spot one of Christian Nagels painted mushrooms on a roof top.
- Learn about the work of Ben Eine and his painted shop front shutters and how he ended up in The White House's permanent collection.
- Find painted chewing gum artworks in the street by Ben Wilson.
- Discover the amazing stencils of Paul Don Smith who has done stencils for Tom Hardy, John Travolta, Al Pacino and many others.
- Watch out for the street signs and the work of artist Clet Abraham.
- May stop at a gallery if there are any street art shows of interest.
- Hear some of the adventures from your guide Steam156 on his world wide travels.
- Marvel at the beautiful painted animals by Belguim street artist Roa.
- Learn about Space Invader's world wide invasion and see his tribute to Star Wars featuring Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader.
- Depending on how many people are on a 3hr tour, we may play hunt the mushroom so keep your eyes peeled.
- Be amazed by the incredible stencils of c215 from Paris, France.
On the three hour tour we stop at a coffee shop for a quick 15 minute break to rest and warm up.
Looking for a souvenir of your amazing street art walking tour? Why not get a signed copy of Street art London and have your name done in graffiti or even have your name done on a mini London underground map.
We offer two street art walking tours at the weekends.morning and afternoon, Starting times 10am - 1pm and 2pm to 4:30 - 5pm depending on the light in winter.
TOUR MEETING PLACE: Old street station on the Northern line, Take subway exit 4 for moorifelds eye hospital, Walk up the stairs and you will see a round building which is the Shoreditch grind coffee shop, Meeting point is straight outside
Availability: SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS ONLY
STARTING TIMES: 10AM - 1PM and 2PM to 4:30pm - 5PM DEPENDING ON THE LIGHT IN WINTER
WHAT TO BRING:
• COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES,
• A CAMERA,
• AN UMBRELLA (if rain is forcast or is looking likely on the day)
Book your 3 hour tour
London city tour image gallery
click images below to enlarge.